The 13th edition of the annual conference was held in Brussels on 19-20 September, 2023, with Cool Up participating in the panel discussion on technician training.
Besides focusing on the latest trends and achievements in the field of natural refrigerants technologies, the two-day event explored business opportunities and revealed future perspectives in the HVAC&R industry.
Key takeaways from ATMOsphere Europe Summit 2023
- The negotiations around the new EU F-gas regulation continue to drive the global discussion & remain a hot topic.
- Concerns about PFAS are growing; continuing use of PFAS in cooling will be costly for society, as the chemicals are very persistent and can cause severe health conditions.
- The increasing demand for heat pumps is considerable; many already use natural refrigerants with a good coefficient of performance.
- The market demand for natural refrigerant training is rising; most technicians are interested in the handling of natural refrigerants.
- Good storage is essential when having heat pumps and district heating. The demand for heating and cooling storage will grow as heat pumps and district heating gain momentum.