This thematic group meeting brought together relevant stakeholders and decision makers in the industry and finance space in Türkiye. Topics of discussion included standards on acceptable refrigerants, presentation of financing of conventional RAC technologies in the market, and governmental incentives towards personnel training, manufactures and end-users. Participants included UNDP, Frankfurt school of Finance and Management, finance sector representatives, cooling sector representatives and retail sector representatives.
- The Cool Up team will prepare a cooling market profile to be used for discussions with banks and for identifying the right financing mechanisms for large and SME level industry players.
- The Cool Up team will keep working on a Financial Feasibility Report to be able to show bankers quantitative results at the earliest convenience.
- The Cool Up team will prepare templates for periodical maintenance agreements with banks, and will maintain contact points for future partnerships.
- Meetings with Stantec and EBRD will be organized to discuss how sustainable cool up technology could be integrated with EBRD GEFF Türkiye.
- Financial literacy will be increased within the cooling sector by providing trainings to the cooling sector explaining finanacing mechanisms and condition for loans credits.