Join the Cool Up programme for our international launch event! At the virtual event, we will introduce you to the programme and hear from Cool Up partner country governments; Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, and Turkey, about why they are motivated to support the transition to sustainable cooling.
Date: Wednesday, 6 October 2021
Time: 1:30 – 3:00 PM CET/EET, 2:30 – 4:00 PM EEST/TRT
Sustainable cooling has enormous potential to reduce the impacts that increased cooling demand has on the ozone layer, climate, and environment, and at the same time, help cut costs and adapt to rising temperatures. But how can we accelerate the uptake of sustainable cooling technologies and natural refrigerants to realise these benefits? In this 1.5-hour event, we will introduce you to our holistic approach to accelerating the shift to sustainable cooling and implementation of international ozone and climate commitments. You will learn about the programme, hear from Cool Up partner country governments, and have a chance to ask questions.
- Dr. Christian Meineke, Germany, Head of Unit, Fundamental Aspects of Chemical Safety, Chemicals Legislation / Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, and Nuclear Safety (BMU)
- Dr. Ezzat Lewis, Egypt, Head of National Ozone Unit / Egyptian Environmental Affairs Agency (EEAA)
- Dr. Mohammed Al Khashashneh, Jordan, Secretary General, Ozone National Focal Point / Ministry of Environment
- Mr. Michelange Medlej, Lebanon, Senior advisor for Energy / Ministry of Energy and Water
- Mr. Mazen Hussein, Lebanon, Ministry of Environment
- Ms. Ülkü Füsun Ertürk, Turkey, Head of Division of Protection of Ozone Layer and Management of F-gas in Department of Climate Change and Adaptation within DG Environmental Management / Ministry of Environment and Urbanization
- Katja Eisbrenner, Germany, Director, Cool Up programme and Guidehouse
This event is open to the public. Feel free to share this event in your network.
For further information, contact us at email@example.com.